Tuesday, January 29, 2013

How to make Bath Salt


Making your own bath salt is a lot easier than you may think and you can customize it too! If you have really dry skin, just add a little more essential oil. You can even customize it for a mother-to-be shower gift by doing pink or blue! I know I would love some relaxing, good smelling bath salt when my body is hurting from being pregnant! 

It's relaxing and smells yummy!
It's a win -win situation!

I usually do a lavender color with my lilac fragrance but I thought I would mix it up a little this time and do pink and blue. 

You Will Need:
* Large bowl /spoon for mixing
* Epsom Salt
* Sea Salt
* Food coloring
* Fragrance (meant for soaps, bath salts, salt bombs.... etc) Don't use candle fragrance!
* Essential Oil OR Coconut Oil


Depending on how big of a batch you want to make, all the ingredient amount will vary. I usually make a large batch so it will last a while.

Pour about 2 cups of Sea Salt and about 2 cups of Epsom Salt into your bowl. Give it a quick mix. 

Add your fragrance to the mix. I just do this to by how strong I want it to be. I don't have a certain amount of fragrance drops I use. Just depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

Melt about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and pour into the bowl. Give it a really good mix. If you used essential oil, follow the directions on the back.

Now, do a few drops of the food coloring of your choice. You will only need a few drops! Remember, you can always add more to make the color darker but you can't take it out!

Wowwza... the colors look really bright here! They aren't that dark in person. I made a light blue and light pink.


Now you can fill your cute jar with your bath salt! 
If it's a gift, you can tie a little ribbon with a scoop on it! My dear sister-in-law actually gave me the scoop with some bath salts for Christmas last year. I love it!

Happy Relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment