Sunday, March 24, 2013

How To Make a Fun Girly Headband

Easter is next week!!! Oh my goodness... it totally snuck up on me this year! 

Easter is one of my favorite holidays though! Plus, I love all the bright happy colors, the excitement the kiddos have for egg hunting and of course mama gets to make all her girls a new one of a kind dress!!!

This year I used the Olivia Pattern by Ruby Jean's Closet (the same one I done Christmas dresses in) and done a little tweaking. Nothing major. I LOVE this dress and it's so super easy and with every great little girl's outfit, their must be matching hair accessories!


You will need:
* A headband - you can buy either one out of the craft dept. and cover it yourself with ribbon or buy one done. I bought mine already done.
* Felt for the top (flower)
*Fabric
*Button
* Hot glue gun
* Felt for the bottom
* Template for your felt flower (you can find free templates all over the net)


Cut 1 felt flower using your template. and cut TWO circle out of felt. I used white felt and cut my circle about 2 1/2".
For the fabric, you will want to cut a strip of fabric that is 18" x 2 1/2". Serge all the edges. If you don't have a serger, just add seam allowance to all sides. Ruffle your fabric until it forms the circle you want.

Hot glue one of your felt circles to the ruffled fabric. This is the base.


Turn it over to the front and hot glue the felt flower and button on.

Mark on the headband where you want it and then hot glue it on.

 

Take your second felt circle and hot glue it to the underside of the headband, covering the first felt circle.

Easy Peasy and cute! You could also just stick a lined alligator clip on the back if you don't want the headband.

I'll add some pictures of the girls wearing theirs soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment