Friday, June 22, 2012

Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap

This homemade liquid laundry soap is great plus it's wallet friendly! Yay! Gotta love those words... Wallet Friendly!

My sister in law introduced me to making my own laundry detergent and I'm so glad she did! I was a little skeptical at first, only because my kiddos have super sensitive skin, but it works like a charm!



I use a large bucket to store my soap and I put a copy of the recipe onto the lid.




You will need:
* 1 bar of grated homemade soap (3-4 oz) - I get mine from my sister-in-law and her family who have a small soap business. You should check them out HERE

* 1/2 cup washing soda

* 1/2 cup borax Powder

* Water

* Bucket for your soap (about a 2 gallon size)

Optional: You can add 1/2 - 1 oz. of an essential/ fragrance oil of your choice.

Directions:

Place the grated soap into a saucepan.
Add 6 cups of water and heat it until the soap melts.
Add the washing soda and borax. Stir until dissolved.
Remove from heat. Pour 4 cups of hot water into the bucket.
Now add your soap mixture and stir.
Let the soap sit for about 24 hours and it will gel.
You use 1/2 cup per load. You may need to stir the mixture between loads. Mixture should have an "egg noodle soup" consistency.

Now isn't that just easy peasy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment