Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Applique Ballet Ribbon Shirt

I saw a shirt a while back in a store that was appliqued ballet shoes and actual ribbon. I thought it was so cute but.... I have 3 girls and I knew I could make all 3 for the price of one. Grant it, my "ballet shoe" is no where near perfect but I think it turned out nicely.


You will Need:
* Ribbon
* 2 Contrasting Fabrics
* Heat n Bond Lite Sewable
* Make your own shoe template or Download My FREE Template Here

Cut your ribbon as long as you would like your "laces" to be. Twist it loosely and pin it in place, overlapping the two top ends.

Iron on your sewable Heat n Bond Lite to the back of your two fabrics (leave on paper backing) and cut two of each of the template.



Peal off the paper backing on your pieces and iron them down like shown in the picture. Sew around each piece like shown.


Now, sew your ribbon how you have it pinned down. Make a bow, heat seal the ends with a lighter and sew it on top where the two ribbons meet.

That's it! You're all done! Easy Peasy, right?! Now if you happen to have an embroidery machine, you could do the applique on the embroidery machine and get the same affect. Just remember to place the ribbons underneath your fabric.

Happy Crafting!







2 comments: