Wednesday, August 8, 2012

How To Make A Jersey Ruffle Hairbow


The other day I made the Jersey Knit Ruffle Dress and I came up with this Jersey Ruffle Hairbow so I could incorporate my shirt color in with my girls' outfits. I was going out on a whim, but I love the way it turned out! This is what goes through my mind as I lay awake in bed at night... sewing and crafting! hehe

You will need:
* Jersey knit material (I used the bottom portion of my cut shirt)
* Button
* Lined Clip
* Felt
* Hot Glue Gun

Cut a 2 inch strip of your jersey knit. I used the bottom portion of my cut shirt and cute the sides were it was sewn together. This made two strips... get it?




Sew the 2 ends of your strip to one another, making a loop.

Now make your ruffled edges on your jersey strips.

Set your machine to a zigzag stitch and set the length to about 0.5 . Pull on the front and back of your jersey knit as your sew the small zigzag stitch on the edge. Your pulling and stretching will creates the cute ruffled end.

I got happy with the ruffled edging and done it before sewing my end together. Whoops! But you get the gist.



Now set your straight stitch length as long as it will go, aka the basting stitch, and stitch the top part of your loop (DO NOT BACK-STITCH)all the way around. Also Leave both your bobbin thread and top thread pulled out a few inches before starting.


Once you have done that, pull on your bobbin thread and ruffle your loop.

Ruffle it enough so the edges will be covered by your button.



Cut out a 2" circle of felt.

Now, glue your ruffled flower onto the felt circle.

The back should look like this now.

Glue your button center on.

Glue a lined alligator clip to the back and you are set to go!























No comments:

Post a Comment